- Introduction to Video
- Stream video files
- Start live streaming
- Build real-time video experiences
- Make API requests
- Play your videos
- Use Mux Player
- Use a custom domain for streaming
- Enable static MP4 renditions
- Download for offline editing
- Embed videos for social media
- Listen for webhooks
- Secure video playback
- Create clips from your videos
- Get images from a video
- Create timeline hover previews
- Adjust audio levels
- Add watermarks to your videos
- Add subtitles to your videos
- Minimize processing time
- Upload files directly
- Autoplay your videos
- Synchronize video playback
- Integrate with your CMS
Mux Player FAQs
Get answers to common questions about Mux Player
Mux Player is designed with the Mux Platform in mind. Being tightly coupled with Mux Video is what enables features like timeline hover previews, and those sweet, descriptive errors in Mux Data.
Not yet, but we'd love to hear more about what you want out of this type of Mux Player integration experience. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We're looking into what's needed here, so if you are interested in talking with us about your React Native, Flutter, Android, or iOS Mux Player needs, we'd love to hear from you at email@example.com!
I would love to speak to someone on the team about a feature idea or a problem I'm running into during the public beta, how can I do that?
Please leave us some feedback and we'll be in touch!
Mux Player is built with Web Components. Web Components is a native browserAPI for defining custom HTML tags that can be used in the DOM. Mux Player is built on top of Media Chrome and the Mux Video HTML element. You can think of it like this:
- Mux Video HTML element handles the HLS playback tech behind the scenes and integration with Mux Data.
- Media Chrome is the UI layer. Both the Mux Video HTML element and Media Chrome are maintained and under active development by Mux.
Mux Player supports the most recent versions of evergreen browsers on desktop and mobile. Evergreen browsers are the modern browsers that are automatically updated:
- Chrome (Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, iPadOS, Android)
- Safari (Mac, iOS, iPadOS)
- Firefox (Mac, Windows, Linux, Android)
- Edge (Mac, Windows, Linux)
Mux Player is fully written in TypeScript version 4.5. If you are on an older version of TypeScript (pre-4.0), you will likely have to upgrade your TypeScript package in order to get the TypeScript benefits.